Effective Date: July 15, 2016
1. Information We Collect. We collect two basic types of information:
(a) Personally identifiable information (PII): PII is information that personally identifies one individual from another. You voluntarily provide this information to us when you establish an account with us, and when you enhance your profile afterwards. We do not collect PII unless you provide it to us, other than the telephone number that is associated with your mobile device.
As of the effective date of this Agreement, to establish your account we only ask you to provide your name, email address, and date of birth. After submitting that information, you will be prompted to create a username and password. Once your account is established, you may add additional information to enhance your profile. Any information you elect to add to your profile is entirely voluntary, but may be viewable by other Users.
Also, if you choose to link your social networking accounts to your profile, you are granting us permission to access and use certain information about you as permitted by the social network. For example, if you link your Facebook account, it may provide us with access to whatever information you choose to include in your public profile, such as friends’ names, pictures, genders, user Ids, connections, and any other shared content, and you will be making this information available to other Unscrewed Users regardless of whether they are connected to you via Facebook.
Finally, when you log on to your account, we will record your IP address and/or unique mobile device identifier and may tie it to your specific account. Under ordinary circumstances, an IP address recorded in isolation is not PII under the standard definition of the term. However, it may become PII when it is combined with other information, as in this case. Likewise, if you enable location tracking, we will track and log your locations, which, when combined with other information, it may become PII.
(b) General Information: General Information consists of information that is anonymous in nature and does not identify you as an individual. This includes your computer IP address (when not tied to your particular account), unique mobile device identifier, browser type, ISP or carrier name, and the URL of the last webpage you visited before visiting our website. This information gives us insights on how our users use our site and our other products. We use this information to ensure that our service continues to appeal to our users.
2. How We Use Information. We use the PII we collect from and about you to enable us and other Unscrewed users to interact with you on a personal level. We may use your contact information to send you messages via email and/or push notifications. We may use your telephone number to contact you via text to confirm your account. We may also use PII for the following purposes: (a) to verify your eligibility for our service; (b) to enable us to show you ads that are more relevant to you; and (c) to otherwise perform functions associated with our Service. We use your email address to contact you regarding your account, and may also send you emails that may be of interest to you. You may stop receiving emails from us by clicking the unsubscribe link at the bottom of the email.
3. How We Share information. We will not share PII with third parties for their own marketing purposes without your consent. For example, although we do not sell wine or any other alcoholic beverage, we may establish relationships with other companies (“Affiliates”) that do sell such products for them to offer their products or other information through the Unscrewed App, and we may share some of your PII to that Affiliate if you inform us that you are interested their products. We may also share PII with third parties in the following ways:
(a) We have established affiliate relationships with licensed wine and alcoholic beverage sellers (“Participating Sellers”) to assist you in purchasing products from them. If you elect to purchase any product from a Participating Seller, we may ask you to provide us with payment information, shipping information, and other information that may be required by the Participating Seller from whom you are making the purchase, which we will then share with that seller for the purpose of facilitating the transaction.
(b) If requested or required by law enforcement authorities, courts, or regulators, we may disclose any information we have about our users. We also may disclose your PII to exercise or protect legal rights or defend against legal claims.
(c) We sometimes contract with other companies and individuals to perform functions or services on our behalf, such as hosting the website, sending email messages and administering contests, surveys and other promotions. We necessarily have to share your PII with such third parties as may be required to perform their functions.
(d) In some cases, we may choose to buy or sell assets. In these business transfers, customer information, including PII, is typically one of the business assets that are transferred. Moreover, if all or substantially all of our business assets were acquired, or in the unlikely event that we go out of business or enter into bankruptcy, customer information (including your PII), would be one of the assets that is transferred or acquired by a third party. You acknowledge that such transfers may occur, and that any assets may continue to be used according to your PII as set forth in this policy.
4. How We Protect Information. We take the security of your personal information seriously and use appropriate technical and organizational measures to protect your personal information against unauthorized or unlawful processing and against accidental loss, destruction or damage. We also limit access to personal information about you to employees who reasonably need access to it to provide products or services to you, or in order to do their jobs. However, because no security system can be 100% effective, we cannot completely guarantee the security of any information we may have collected from or about you. In addition, we have no control over the security of other web sites on the Internet that you might visit even when a link may appear to those web sites site from our Site. If you share your computer or use a computer that is accessed by the general public, remember to log off and close your browser window when you have finished your session.
5. Your Information Choices. You may limit the amount of PII accessible by other Users and third parties by changing your Profile Settings, and may also delete images and other content you have uploaded. Note that if you change or delete information in your account settings, we may maintain a copy of that information in our records.
6. How Long We Keep Information. We retain PII for as long as necessary to fulfill a business purpose or comply with a legal request. We may also choose to anonymize certain of the information you provide to us so that it can no longer be attributed to you if we would like to retain it for longer periods of time.
7. Tracking Technology and Do-Not-Track Requests. We do not currently employ any technology that enables us to track your online activities on our website over time and across third-party websites, nor do we plan on doing so in the future. Keep in mind, however, that we have no control over the activities of third parties, and they may employ such technology that tracks your activity on this site. Because we do not employ tracking technology, we offer no response to Do-Not-Track requests transmitted by Web browsers.
8. Children under 13. Our service is not intended for users under the age of 13, and we do not knowingly collect any personal information from children under 13. If we become aware that a person submitting information is under 13, we will attempt to delete the information as soon as possible. According to our Terms of Service, all users represent that they are at least 13.
Further in compliance with the California Online Privacy Protection Act (CalOPPA) be advised that there is no identity verification requirement to access this site, and all users can visit this site anonymously, but users must register to access the Service in order to submit and vote on questions.
Santa Monica, CA